We are pleased to announce the virtual 3rd annual ND Energy Research Symposium on Thursday, November 12, from 3:00 to 7:30 p.m. and Friday, November 13, from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m. This year's theme is Waste-to-Energy: Reimagining the Possibilities, bringing together research experts and industry leaders from the University of Notre Dame, Columbia University, University of Michigan, McMaster University, Purdue University, LanzaTech, and Brightmark Energy to discuss current initiatives in the following areas:
- Addressing waste carbon resources and technology
- Capturing CO2 and converting it into value-added materials using renewable energy
- Harvesting excess heat from the community for redistribution
- Using industrial symbiosis at the small-scale to increase communities’ sustainability and well-being
- Upcycling plastic waste into useful products
- Using technology to manage plastic waste and to turn plastic back into useful products
Complete details, including a schedule-at-a-glance, speaker abstracts and bios, and the poster session schedule can be found at: Research Symposium.
We hope you will be able to join us for all or part of this exciting and informative two-day event!
Registration is required and will be open until 12:00 p.m. November 12. Registrants will receive updates to the schedule and a Zoom link to join. This event is open to all students, faculty, staff, and alumni at the University of Notre Dame as well as the general public.
Originally published at energy.nd.edu.