Freimann Professor Ani Aprahamian has been elected as one of five Vice Presidents of the General Council of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP).
IUPAP representation in the USA is carried out by the Science Academies. The aims of IUPAP with 60 member countries from across the world are:
- to stimulate and promote international cooperation in physics;
- to sponsor suitable international meetings and to assist organizing committees;
- to foster the preparation and the publication of abstracts of papers and tables of physical constants;
- to promote international agreements on other use of symbols, units, nomenclature and standards;
- to foster free circulation of scientists; to encourage research and education.