Future Sky: How our universe will change in the near and distant future
Prof. Grant Mathews
University of Notre Dame
Astronomy makes many predictions about the evolution of the future cosmos. Utilizing the Digital Visualization Theater to journey backward and forward through time, this presentation will examine questions such as:
- How will the Earth change and when will the Earth come to an end?
- When will life on Earth end?
- How will the Sun change and when will the Sun burn out?
- When and how will the Galaxy end?
- What will happen to the stars in the sky?
- What is the future of the universe: A big bounce, a big freeze, or a big rip?
- Will time itself come to an end?
Free and open to the public
in the Digitial Visualization Theater (DVT)
at the North End of Jordan Hall of Science
The event is hosted jointly by the College of Science, Department of Physics, Center for Astrophysics, and the Michiana Astronomical Society.