QuarkNet is an educational program sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Department of Energy (DOE) whose aim is to support science education in schools by establishing a nationwide network of science teachers. It provides opportunities for teachers to learn firsthand about cutting-edge physics research at universities and establish mentoring relationships with physicists at universities and national laboratories.
- Dr. Patrick Mooney
- Dr. Mitchell Wayne, Professor of Physics
Educational Outreach Staff
- Kenneth Cecire, National QuarkNet Staff
- Dr. Tom Loughran, Professional Specialist
- Anne Zakas, QuarkNet Administrator
- Joel Griffith, Software Specialist
- Jeff Marchant, Research Technician
- Dan Ruggiero, HEP Lab Manager
- Mark Vigneault, HEP Technician
Find more details about the QuarkNet program here:
QuarkNet Center at Notre Dame
Reyniers Life Bldg.
19121 Moreau Dr.
Notre Dame, IN 46556
This project is supported, in part, by the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Energy and the University of Notre Dame. Opinions expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the NSF, DOE or University.