Assistant Research Professor, Physics
A primary goal of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is to discover new physics beyond the standard model (BSM) by colliding two beams of protons together at the highest energies ever achieved by human ingenuity. Although the LHC has performed beyond the expectations and delivered large samples of data, no clear evidence of new physics has been found in BSM searches. My primary research interest is in performing direct and indirect searches for new physics using data collected by the CMS experiment. I am also interested in collider phenomenology and reinterpretation of LHC results. In parallel to my data analysis activities, I am involved in software development for the simulations of the CMS hadronic calorimeter and Level-1 track trigger.
Honors and Activities
CMS Fundamental Physics Special Recognition Award (2013)
School of Particles and Accelerators, Institute for Research in Fundamental Science, PhD, 2015
Tarbiat Moallem University of Tehran, Master in Physics, 2009
University of Tabriz, Bachelor in Physics, 2007
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for charged lepton flavor violation in top-quark production and decay in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV ", CMS PAS TOP-19-006 (2021).
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for new physics in top quark production with additional leptons in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV using effective field theory", CMS PAS TOP-19-001, arXiv:2012.04120, JHEP 03 (2021) 095.
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for resonant and nonresonant new phenomena in high-mass dilepton proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV ", CMS PAS EXO-19-019, arXiv:2103.02708, JHEP 07 (2021) 208.
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for new physics in top quark production in dilepton final states in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV ", CMS PAS TOP-17-020, arXiv:1903.11144, Eur.Phys.J.C 79 (2019) 11.
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for lepton flavour violating decays of heavy resonances and quantum black holes to eμ pairs in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV”, CMS PAS EXO-16-058 arXiv:1802.01122, JHEP 04 (2018) 073.
- CMS Collaboration, “Search for anomalous single top quark production in association with a photon in pp collisions at 8 TeV ”, CMS PAS TOP-14-003, arXiv: 1511.03951, JHEP 04 (2016) 035.
- R. Goldouzian, M. Hildreth," LHC dijet angular distributions as a probe for the dimension-six triple gluon vertex", arXiv:2001.02736, Phys.Lett.B 811 (2020).
- B. Clerbaux, W. Fang, A. Giammanco, R. Goldouzian, " Model-independent constraints on the CKM matrix elements |Vtd|, |Vts| and |Vtb|", arXiv:1807.07319, JHEP 03 (2019) 022.
- R. Goldouzian, B. Clerbaux, "Photon initiated single top quark production via flavor-changing neutral currents at the LHC", arXiv:1609.04838, Phys. Rev. D 95, (2017) 054014.
- R. Goldouzian, “Search for top quark flavor changing neutral currents in same-sign top quark production”, arXiv:1408.0493, Phys. Rev. D 91, (2015) 014022.